Thursday, April 30, 2009

Connecting with Moms in my Community

One of the biggest challenges I have faced since leaving my job is finding a way to connect with other parents in my community. I have tried the internet. I have joined countless groups that discuss parenting issues but for the most part the interactions have been computer based. I have frequented the local parks and have met a few moms, but rarely connect with the same people on a weekly or monthly basis. Is it too early to invite another child to a play date the first time my daughter plays with them? She is not yet at the stage where she relishes playing with others but I'd like her to have friends she can visit from time to time, especially on a wet or cold day.



CafeMom.com or MothersClick.com are two really great online communities if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment